Thursday, June 5, 2008

Water

Last weekend Tjabe was playing in a little backyard pool that was full of water. He wasn't wearing a swimsuit and I didn't really want him to get wet, but he was throwing the basketball into the pool and then fishing it out from the side, only getting his hands and shirt cuffs wet. It seemed dry enough for me. Then I saw him look at this water-filled pool and I could almost see the wheels turning in his head - "I wonder what would happen if I ...". The next moment he went up to the edge of the pool, bent over at the waist, and dipped his head in the water. He immediately straightened up, looked at me, patted his sopping hair, and said, with a slight note of dismay, "Mommy, wet!" Live and learn, buddy.

1 comment:

Most likely Jenn said...

Bob and I just had a hearty laugh over your several last entries. We've decided, for the most part, and not being pros at English anyway, we generally leave many of their incorrect pronunciations alone as long as possible because they figure it out long before we tire of the cute way they say it. I miss sthnuggle. and appysauce.