Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Costco

Tjabe, at the dinner table tonight:
"When I'm a daddy, when I go to work, my work is gonna be at Costco." Pause. "I'm serious. I'm gonna be a Costco man."

This was after his harrowing experience at Costco this afternoon, where he found a new hero. Tjabe always carries the receipt from the checkout line to the receipt checker at the door. After getting our receipt highlighted, we were walking out when a strong wind blew the receipt out of his hands, back into Costco, and far under a vending machine. So far under, in fact, that we couldn't even see it. He was in tears (he takes his duties very seriously), and I needed the receipt myself, so we eventually found someone who could print us out a duplicate. Needless to say, that person saved his day. Did I mention that this experience was harrowing only to Tjabe?

4 comments:

Libbie said...

That is so funny! Kalli wants to be a swim teacher when she grows up. It was good to see you the other day. As I promised here is my blog address.

lotsofpinkandalittleblue.blogspot.com

Libbie

Holly said...

What a tragic experience! I am glad you all made it through okay :)

Schultz Family said...

Funny... I can picture it. Thanks for sharing!

The Johnsons said...

Hi Catherine! We've been reading your posts and LAUGHING SO HARD!!! Now, we just read this one and Zowee ran to her room and was weeping. We finally got her out and she said, through tears, "He lost his receipt!" So, apparently she felt his pain. Wow. Okay, she's calming down now that see's looking at the rainbow cake. Your blog is a wild ride! Seriously, it is so great to read what you are up to and just laugh about life.