Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Funny stuff

Here's some things the kids have been saying (or said) lately.

Maggie (coming up to me with a Lego magazine): "Mommy, can I read this while I go poopy?" And so it begins...

Tjabe: "Man's Eggs is now open!"  This is the name he has given his pretend restaurant (i.e. our kitchen).  Yes, it is weird.  Sam and I keep trying to get him to change it.

Tjabe was giving me a spelling and writing test yesterday while we played "Mom School".  I'll be honest, it was exasperating and funny at the same time.  Of course I had to write everything in cursive, and then he would correct it, and then I would fix everything.  The problem was almost every word I wrote was wrong somehow.  The dot over my "i" was too big or too small, my letters went a little below the line or weren't sitting on it perfectly, the lines weren't smooth (because I was writing on a bumpy surface, which is apparently no excuse).  Every time he gave me back my corrected test it was covered with red marks.  When I asked him why there were so many corrections his response was, "Because I'm very good at cursive.

Me: Maggie, what's your full name?
Maggie: Tigress.
Me: No, I want your first and last name.
I remind her of her full name, and she tells me: No, that's my nickname.  My full name is Tigress.

No comments: