Thursday, March 5, 2009

Baking Day

Beth (our upstairs neighbor and good friend) came down yesterday with Ben, who is the same age as Maggie, and we tried out some bread recipes I had found online. We've both been baking our own bread for a few months now and were looking for some more variety. We made two loaves of "Tasty White Bread," one loaf of "Honey White Bread," two loaves of "Italian Cheese Bread," and two pans of cinnamon rolls with the remaining dough from the Honey White Bread. The cinnamon rolls aren't the most beautiful but they were delicious. Below is the fruit of our labors.
And here is the fruit of our loins (minus Tjabe).
They were wanting to be occupied at a somewhat critical point in our baking, so we let them enjoy a Baby Einstein movie. Maggie was intrigued.
And here's one of my favorite pictures of Ben from yesterday.

5 comments:

Addie said...

I love it. All of it.

Favorite bits:
fruit of our loins
Ben's expression

Holly said...

Holy cow - Maggie is a cutie!!!

Michelle said...

Bread and babies. Does it get any better?

Holly said...

I forgot to add - I can't believe you MAKE bread! I am lucky if I remember to BUY bread! Very amazing Catherine!!!

Most likely Jenn said...

Nice bread! I read the one about Tjabe wanting Daddy to come check on him just now. Ella used to do that (and still does sometimes). At about the same age, we heard her yell, "Mama, I want you to come (say), 'what's a matter?"'