Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Instant (Bedroom) Facelift

Today Beth came down and helped me (or rather, did all the work to) make new pillow coverings for my bed pillows. I had been wanting something different, so a few weeks ago Mom K. and I went shopping for some fabric for new pillow shams (and found the leaf print below). Then Beth and I went shopping later for complementary fabric for the remaining pillows, and voila! Below are before and after shots. I love them, and look forward to making my bed every morning just to see how beautiful they are! Yes, I am a homemaking nerd.

Before: Nothing matched anything

After: We found some colors that complemented the green walls, white comforter and chocolate throw

3 comments:

Addie said...

PRETTY! I am also a homemaking nerd and am currently in the midst of designing a duvet cover for the oversized down comforter on B's bed.

I can't tell what I'm most excited about: being crafty, picking out fabric, or not having tiny tufts of down all over the house.

Michelle said...

super pretty! i've been in a crafty mood lately too.

Schultz Family said...

So beautiful! Your bed makes me smile every time I see it!