Friday, September 18, 2009

This happens to other people too, right?

I lent Sam my phone for the afternoon and evening. When I got it back tonight, I checked voicemail and listened to the six messages I had. The last message went something like this:
"Hi, it's me. [The voice in my head is thinking: Oh, it's Megan] I think I probably will come [She must be talking about visiting this Thanksgiving or Christmas - yea!], but I'll probably be a little late [Does she mean the end of the holiday?], like around 6-ish [Wait, what is she talking about? Is she coming here tonight from Washington?]. I'm just getting things finished up here. [At this point I'm assuming that she thinks she is leaving a message for someone else] I'll talk to you later. Love you, bye." I stewed over this for a minute, thoroughly confused, before it finally dawned on me that this was a message I had left for Sam earlier about our plans for the evening (which I didn't make it to ).

2 comments:

Elizabeth Wickland said...

Oh my goodness, Catherine. That is hilarious! And no, it doesn't happen to those of us who don't have twins... ;)

Addie said...

EXACTLY my thoughts. Never happened to me, sweet noodle-head.