Thursday, February 4, 2010

Words of Wisdom

The scene last night:
Maggie is crying and screaming on the couch because I won't let her play with the phone (which I'm talking on). Did I mention she has a temper and was especially fussy yesterday?
Tjabe is sitting next to her.
Tired of the screaming, Tjabe kneels down in front of Maggie, puts his hands on her shoulders, looks her squarely in the face and states: "Maggie, you will not get what you want by crying and screaming."
Spoken by the voice of experience. Now if only I could be that calm all the time when I say it.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

what a wise older brother. :)

mrszahller said...

Well, take heart, he had to have learned the tone of voice somewhere!

I tried to read Sam's blog but your links didn't work. Will you send me the address?