Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Poop and stuff

For those of you who live for my potty sagas, here's one. This morning Maggie said she pooped at the end of breakfast, so I rushed her to the bathroom. She hadn't pooped yet but she pooped almost immediately when I put her on the toilet. I was so excited! This was only the second time she had ever pooped on the toilet. I was beginning to see hope. Then I let her run around naked for a couple of minutes while I finished clearing breakfast dishes, because I was going to give her a bath. During this time I heard her say she went potty. Okay, I thought, maybe she wasn't done. So I went to where she had been climbing on a living room chair and saw that she had actually sat on the arm of the chair with her rear end hanging over the seat of the chair, and pooped again. And we're not talking nice dry turds. I whisked her into the bathroom, cleaned off her hiney, and let her stand at the sink and wash her hands while I started cleaning the chair (luckily the cover comes off and can be thrown in the washer). While cleaning the chair I heard her say she went potty again, and sure enough she had peed all over the stool and bathroom floor. I cleaned this up, sat her on the toilet to finish, and went back to working in the chair. She got up, went to wash her hands again, and peed again all over the stool and bathroom floor. Apparently this is one of those downhill days on the potty-training roller-coaster.

3 comments:

Addie said...

Oh my goodness. This just makes me tired for you. Also, perhaps you could staple a diaper to her backside?

Schultz Family said...

I really can't wait to be in your shoes! Perhaps we can wait on potty training for a while yet! ;)

Jaida said...

Oh boy....I thought potty training girls was supposed to be easier?!?