Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Announcement

Most of you already know this, but to sum it up for those who don't... we're pregnant! We are expecting Baby Two around the middle of November, hopefully just in time for Grandpa S.'s birthday. We had Tjabe on his anniversary and as you know, consistency with children makes all the difference. So this means that as I am writing this I am about 8 weeks pregnant. It is still fairly early in the pregnancy, obviously. How am I feeling? How nice of you to ask. I was pretty nauseated (not "nauseous", as I usually say - apparently that means something that causes nausea. Good thing my husband is an English major) - anyway, pretty nauseated for a couple of weeks, kind of an all-day thing that got worse as the day went on. But I think I am starting to get better. I still get nauseated throughout the day but it doesn't last nearly as long and I haven't actually thrown up for several days now. It lasted a few weeks when I was pregnant with Tjabe so it all seems normal so far. The biggest problem I've had is the lack of motivation to do anything. I don't even feel like sitting around the house and doing nothing - that is how unmotivated I am. But I'm hoping that as I feel better physically I'll be more up for getting things done.
Let's see, what else would people want to know? We are planning on finding out if it is a boy or girl, probably around the end of June, and we have some names in mind but nothing definite, so we won't be sharing them too much. Tjabe can tell you there is a baby in my tummy if you ask, but he doesn't really seem to care about it yet. I think he will as I get bigger and he can actually see and feel the baby. I think he will like being a big brother. He likes to take care of other people's babies and is very affectionate with his two favorite stuffed animals, Oliver and Blue Bear, for whatever that is worth. I'll try to keep people posted here as the pregnancy moves along - I might even put up some pictures if I ever get around to putting on make-up again.

3 comments:

Addie said...

Haha - you can't fool me...you don't wear makeup!

I'm so smart.

Thanks for watching my buddy tonight!
Addie

Most likely Jenn said...

Cat--Nice blog! I look forward to being able to keep up with your family. Thanks!
J. Eck

mrszahller said...

Hurray! Glad to hear you're felling a bit better - hope it lasts :)