Tuesday, December 2, 2008

More Maggie

Here are some more recent pictures of Maggie, although even these are over a week old. I forget how quickly newborns change! She looks different from these pictures already. I also threw in a picture of Tjabe enjoying his first sucker. He licked it like an ice cream cone until he got bored with it and left it somewhere in the house to "finish later" (which I knew would never happen, so I threw it away, mean mom that I am). For the most part he is really good with Maggie, probably because he's not that interested in her. But the times he has been interested in her have been mostly positive, except when I'm feeding her and he wants me to hold or play with him. Today she was laying on the floor in his room where I had just finished changing his diaper. I ran out for a second to throw away the diaper and wash my hands, and meanwhile she is crying because she's getting tired. So as I'm coming back into the room I hear her crying stop for a minute and then start again, and I find that Tjabe has found her pacifier and put it in her mouth. He explained it to me when I got there and saw the pacifier lying next to her. I thanked him for trying to help. It's really sweet to see moments like that, even if the help isn't exactly what is needed. And then today at Target, there was a little girl (maybe a year and a half) in line with us who liked babies and wanted to see Maggie, so Tjabe pulled back her blanket and pointed to her, then patted her head. "See, isn't she cute?" he asked the little girl's mom. Ahh, the proud big brother.
And here are the pictures...





For those interested, Maggie is doing great and growing like crazy, mostly in plumpness. At her one week appointment she weighed in at 9 lbs 8 oz, and now at three weeks I think she weighs about 30 pounds. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but she is definitely getting chubby.

1 comment:

Addie said...

I love her and will nibble her cheeks down to a more reasonable weight. When can we hang out, sweet friend?