Monday, January 12, 2009

Hieroglyphics

Last week I went into Tjabe's room with him, and he announced to me that he was going to write his name. He went to his whiteboard and wrote this:
I was a little surprised, since I haven't worked on writing his letters with him yet. The first line is his first name, next line is his last name, and the third line is an attempt at his middle name (Arthur). He would occasionally turn around to look at the alphabet letters on his wall for guidance with some of the letters, but he did this all by himself!
Then he erased it and Sam had him try again with just his first name, all capital letters.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Tjabe is a genius!!! At least that is what Ella's preschool teacher would tell you. Aparently writing your name is a 4 year old skill. Anyway, it amazes me how much Tjabe and Ella have in common - she loves to try and write her name too. We need to get them together to play - come to Alaska!!!