Saturday, January 3, 2009

Slightly Morbid

I made Tjabe a Thomas the Train cake for his birthday (see previous post). Ever since he saw it on his birthday he's been wanting to eat the eyes off Thomas. Granted there is slightly more frosting there but I'm not sure that's the reason. Anyway, a few days after his birthday we were having some leftover cake. We had started eating at the bottom and hadn't made our way up to the face yet, but Sam caved and said Tjabe could have an eye, after much pleading by the little man. Tjabe was so excited, he started jumping around the dining room with his fork in hand, chanting "Eyes! Eyes! Eyes!" the way a hockey fan calls for blood. It was a little disturbing.

*************************

This comes from us making him try different food at the dinner table.
Tjabe and I were driving somewhere in the car, and he would say a Christmas carol and then ask me to sing it. He only knows a few carols, limited to the ones in his sing-along Winnie-The-Pooh book, and after requesting a couple of his favorites, he asked for a song that I couldn't understand. I asked him again what it was called, and he repeated the same unintelligable name. "Tjabe, I don't know that one. Can you sing it for me?"
He insisted that I knew it. After me stating again that I didn't, he insisted, "Yes, Mom. Try it - you'll like it."
I still don't know what song he was talking about but at least he's open to other people trying new things.

1 comment:

Addie said...

I love that boy. Just wait until he asks you a question he knows the answer to, and when you answer, says "Yes! That's right! Good job!"

Why, you patronizing little...